Friday, December 8, 2006

Packing On The Pounds (Trying To)

Randi is now 11 weeks along, and everything is going really well. She's gaining weight, feeling sick everyday, and constantly fatigued. All good signs...probably the only time in our lives when I'll be allowed to say all that. The biggest struggle has been eating enough to accumulate a minimum of 2500 calories each day recommended for twins. Like the Taco Bell ads, she's become a 4th and 5th mealer. To date, she has only gained 4 pounds of the 20 pounds that are recommended at 20 weeks for expecting mothers of twins. Although, I'm starting to see my own weight gain coming along just fine.
Our next ultrasound is December 29th, and it will be amazing to see how much they have grown. Everytime we get the opportunity to glimpse into their little world we are awed at the new developments and growth. By the next appointment, they will have tripled in size from our last visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I would be happy to put on the weight for you. Nevermind, I am doing just find by myself. Eat, Eat, Eat. You can do it!!!
Betsy

Chad said...

A true rarity, that a man can talk about his wife's weight gain in a blog. Good luck on those lbs. I hear Blizzards from DQ will do the trick. They've at least worked for me.

Good to see you guys this past weekend.