Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy 9 Months Boys!

Yesterday was nine months since Wyatt and Parks were born. We can hardly believe it's been almost a year. They are learning new things everyday and beginning to really keep us on our toes. Wyatt is now sitting up unassisted for hours. He is very interactive, and his fine motor skills seem to be improving daily. Parks is doing the army crawl and is getting close to the real thing. He is also getting very strong on standing and pulling up. If he only had a little more balance, he would be walking soon. He's already got the motion down.

We get stopped all the time with people asking us how we can tell them apart. Independently, people say that Parks looks like Randi or me, depending on which parent is with him at the time. We don't really get that with Wyatt as much. We see little features from us both in him, but we are still trying to figure out who he really "looks like." Wyatt is still an inch or two shorter and a couple pounds lighter. He has some little, skinny legs and arms, while Parks looks like a real beef eater. He has no wrists...still.

Their personalities are the true tell-tell's. Parks is babbling in longer sentences and loves to cuddle up and sleep on your chest, but he also has a short fuse. Wyatt, on the other hand, is laid back and will give you a good belly laugh but is such a whiner and is already addicted to TV. We have already recognized the difficulty we face in having to parent our two boys using two completely different approaches. They are lots of fun and lots of work.

3 comments:

katie said...

LOVE those cheeks! they are too cute.

i'm sure we'll have the parenting thing figured out by the time we're all grandparents, right? isn't that the way it works??

Jennifer said...

Love the pictures. One year is just around the corner...

Cstargel said...

Let me just say how crazy it is that I just came across your blog - My husband and I are watching tv but I'm checking out my friend's blogs on my laptop! I started looking at Heather Heaton's (a great friend for YEARS) which took me to the Browns blog (who I don't even know!) and then I saw your cute title (Two by Two by Two) so I had to click on it! Needless to say, your boys are PRECIOUS - I can't imagine how busy you are with twins! I have two boys 22 months apart and they keep me crazy busy! BUT....the wierdest part of all is I grew up going to Camp Rutledge with your husband!!! So please tell Todd that Christy Pinson said hello! Glad to see he is doing so well and would love an update on all my Cartersville friends!