Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In Christ Alone - Travis Cottrell

I was blessed to attend the Deeper Still conference in Atlanta this past weekend. The speakers were Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer. It was absolutely unbelievable to worship with 20,000 other women! The teaching was life-changing. I cannot possibly list all that I learned this weekend and all the ways I was challenged.

I was able to spend time with my good friend of almost 20 years, JMom, and several friends of hers that I had never met. What a blessing that was in and of itself, especially to hear those women ask about my babies and tell me how they prayed for them during and after my pregnancy. The Body of Christ is truly amazing!

I want to include this song, "He Is," that Priscilla recited Friday night. It was one of the most powerful things I have ever heard!

In Genesis, He's the breath of life
In Exodus, He is the Passover Lamb
In Leviticus, He's our high priest
In Numbers, the fire by night
Deuteronomy, He's Israel’s Guide
Joshua, He’s salvation's choice
Judges, He’s Israel’s Guard
In Ruth, the kinsmen's redeemer
1st and 2nd Samuel, our trusted prophet
In Kings and Chronicles He is Sovereign
In Ezra, He’s the true and faithful scribe
In Nehemiah, the re-builder of broken walls and lives
In Esther, He’s Mordecai's courage
In Job, the timeless redeemer
In Psalms He is our morning song
In Proverbs, He is our wisdom
Ecclesiastes, He's the time and season
In Song of Solomon, He is the lover's dream
In Isaiah He is Prince of Peace
In Jeremiah, the weeping prophet
Lamentations, the cry for Israel
Ezekiel, the call from sin
Daniel, the stranger in the fire
Hosea, the forever faithful
Joel, the spirit’s power
Amos, the strong-arms that carry
Obadiah, the Lord our Savior
Jonah, the great missionary
Micah, the promise of peace Nahum, our strength and shield
In Habakkuk and Zephaniah, He's brings revival
In Haggai He restores that which was lost
IN Zachariah, He’s our fountain
And in Malachi, He's the son of righteousness rising with healing in His wings
AND THAT’S JUST THE OLD TESTAMENT

In Matthew Mark Luke and John, He is God and Messiah
In the spirit filled book of Acts, He is the reigning fire from Heaven
In Romans, He is the grace of God
Corinthians, the power of love
Galatians, freedom from the curse of sin
Ephesians, our glorious treasure
Philippians, the servant's heart
Colossians, He’s God and the trinity
Thessalonians, our calling King
In Timothy, Titus and Philemon, He's our mediator and our faithful pastor
In Hebrews, the everlasting courage
In James, the one who heals the sick
In 1st and 2nd Peter, our faithful shepherd
In John and Jude, He's the lover coming for His bride
AND in the Revelation, in the very end, when it’s all over, said and done, when time is NO MORE.
He is and will always be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Prince of Peace, son of Man,
Lamb of God, The Great I am, Alpha and Omega, God and SaviorHe is Jesus Christ the Lord
HE IS EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED!

And the other thing that absolutely blew me away (other than the teaching of course) was this song that Travis Cottrell and the worship band sang. Here's a video of "In Christ Alone" with the lyrics. Listen and enjoy!


1 comments:

The Ribbles said...

It only took me about 50 tries but I finally remembered the name of your blog! I have read through the last couple of months worth of entries (I had a lot of catching up to do). I just stopped to comment on this one because I absolutely loved every study I did by Pricsilla Shirer. Beth Moore and Kay Arthur are good too but Pricsilla has to be my favorite. I'm glad you got to go and enjoy yourself. The boys look great..its strange to see them with teeth. =) I hope all is well & we should catch up sometime!