Wednesday, December 3, 2008

SEWING 101

I decided some time ago that I wanted to try my hand at sewing. (This is Randi, by the way. I have a pretty domestic husband, but the most sewing I'm going to get out of him is a button.) So, I took a beginning sewing class back in September and was able to complete a corduroy longall for Parks. The people at the local sewing center were kind enough to allow me to use their embroidery machine to apply a cute applique on the outfit as well. Between not having my own machine and several deadlines at work, I had been unable to sew Wyatt's matching outfit until now. There really wasn't a real sense of accomplishment after finishing Parks' outfit because I knew I still had another whole outfit to sew. I ended up working on it over our very boring Thanksgiving holiday and they donned their new outfits for preschool this morning. I was so proud. Too bad Parks' was sewn so long ago he's almost outgrown it. Wyatt's fits perfectly. I now have several projects lined up, most of which I need to finish in the next couple of weeks. I think I might have the bug.

Below is my attempt at capturing photos of them before school this morning. Can you tell the container drawer is our favorite place to play?



8 comments:

Matt and Amy Snow said...

Great job, girl! I'm impressed! Those are adorable little outfits! Our container drawer has become quite a hit again, too. At least it keeps them entertained during dinner prep :-)

anna said...

oh my gosh randi! these are so cute! good job. i have always wanted to get a sewing machine and try making things. i'm sure the teachers at preschool appreciate the letters!!

Lori said...

Impressive!!! That is awesome looking!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo impressed??? Can I order some for my kiddos? Hope y'all are doing well!
Love, Marianna Taylor

Anonymous said...

By the way, after "impressed" I meant to have !!!.
...MLT

Anonymous said...

These outfits are so cute! The boys look wonderful.
Keep sewing!,
Lori Douglass

Jennifer said...

They look great!

Anonymous said...

great job randi! very cute! looks like you have a quick learning curve! post more pics when you can! love, kimberly mason