Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

It is now almost bedtime on my 35th birthday. Today was rather uneventful, but we have been celebrating for three days. On Friday, Mimi came to keep the boys so my sweet husband and I could have a night away. We had a very nice dinner and then spent the night in a cabin at a nearby park. Todd built a huge campfire and we actually had almost four hours of uninterrupted adult conversation. I can't remember the last time that happened. What a wonderful birthday gift! We slept in a little on Saturday morning and had a nice country breakfast before returning home to relieve my mom.

Saturday was pretty laid back. My in laws were supposed to visit but my poor mother in law has been diagnosed with pneumonia. We are praying for a speedy recovery.

Then Sunday evening I was able to spend the evening in praise and worship at this awesome event with this amazing woman speaking between songs. I got to fellowship with two of my best friends in the world, JMom and Suzy. These friendships go back over 20 years now. What a blessing to spend time with good friends worshiping the Lord!!

Tonight we wrapped up with a yummy sushi dinner...me, Todd and two high chairs at the sushi bar. Back to the real world tomorrow. No more being lazy in the name of "It's my birthday."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yea! I didn't know ya'll got away Friday night. How fun!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

What a cute cabin. I bet you enjoyed your time together.