Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Coming Up With a Plan

After much discussion, prayer and online research, we decided we still had many unanswered questions and we couldn't wait three weeks to get answers. So, yesterday we saw the perinatologist for a consult only, to ask him our questions and maybe gain a better understanding of our situation. We went in with about twenty detailed questions about where we stand and where we should go from here. The doctor was very understanding and devoted a large amount of time to us despite a bulging waiting room. Although he did not paint a rosier picture, we were able to gain clarification on possible outcomes, treatment options, and our upcoming schedule of visits. He agreed to move our next appointment up a week, and although that will be only the beginning of our 26th week, so still too early to do anything, we decided it would be better for our peace of mind. We will see him on Friday the 23rd. He also agreed to increase Randi's dose of blood thinners in hopes that it will improve blood flow to Pooh.

We also contacted the OB about setting up a consult with a neonatalogist and a pediatrician to make sure we understand more about their role and the level of treatment in the NICU. We would also like more information from them about potential outcomes for the babies. At the end of the day, not a whole lot has changed, but we do feel better having spent additional time with the perinatologist and having our questions answered.

We have been overwhelmed by the level of support and prayer we have received from each of you that read this blog. We know that God hears your prayers! Thank you.

8 comments:

The Hiatt Family said...

Randi, I continue to pray for you and those sweet babies. May you know his peace as y'all wait.

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I popped by your site, and am now hooked. God be with you during thesee trying times. I will continue to stop back to see how things are going for you!
http://mysweetlittlefamily.blogspot.com

Perri said...

You continue to be in my prayers - every day.

Liza on Maui said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers...

http://lizas-eyeview.blogspot.com/2007/03/answered-prayers-in-blogosphere.html

I pray for peace, wisdom, health, and I look forward to your post about giving birth to these healthy babies. I pray that God will hold your hand tightly every step of the way....

Aunt Boo said...

Randi and Todd,

I think about you and the boys daily. I am here for you if I can do anything.

Love,
Amanda

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

I came upon your Blog..of which is great. I so enjoy reading it..and intend on keeping up with you.YOur dogs are so cute too. I will pray for your pregnancy and your little babies.

Chrissy

Kierstyn said...

I found your blog through the Bollines, who I am friends with. Jsut wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers. We have seen God do mighty things with the Bolline Boys, and I know He can do those things for you too!

Blessings!
Kierstyn

Anonymous said...

Randi,
Just wanted you to know that we were thinking about you and your family.
-Jill