Friday, June 1, 2007

Wyatt

Things are going well here at home. Parks did great his first night at home; however, I still didn't get much sleep. Todd was planning to be at home with us for a few days, but ended up having to go to work, so I'm on my own for most of today. We'll see how it goes.

Todd mentioned in his post last night that we had some problems with Wyatt's blood sugar yesterday. Without going into too much detail, they are having an extremely hard time stabilizing Wyatt's blood sugar levels. His blood sugar levels have been dipping to dangerously low levels since yesterday morning, but it appears to have gotten even worse throughout the evening and early morning hours. His 24 hour continuous feeds were discontinued yesterday AM along with his IV dextrose and electrolytes. The only thing we can figure is this was too much for his little system to handle at once. They have been giving him IV fluids all through the night and have also put him back on continuous feeds and they still cannot get his blood sugar up to normal levels. It seems the neonatologists are baffled. They will round on him again the morning, hopefully in the next hour or so. Fortunately, all the doctors are in today so hopefully putting all their heads together they will figure out what's going on. In the meantime, they have moved Wyatt to triage where he can have a nurse that can give him more attention so that is good.

The worst part about this of course is that I have Parks, and I can't bring him to the NICU. That coupled with the fact that Todd has to work today, is making for a very neurotic mother this morning. Just now a friend called and is coming so I can get to the NICU and see what's really going on. Please keep Wyatt in your prayers!! I will keep you posted.

8 comments:

Aunt Boo said...

Will do. I am glad to see that Parks is doing so good and I am sure that Wyatt will recover quickly.

Love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I woke up at 4am (pacific time) this morning and felt the need to pray for your boys. I've been praying for them all day.

I hope Wyatt gets better soon.

Dennis, Rose and our Clan said...

I am praying he gets stable again soon! I am so glad parks is doing so well!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for y'all!

By the way, those earlier pictures are AWESOME!!! Those boys are precious little angels.
Love,
Marianna

Jennifer said...

Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

hey randi! wyatt is in my prayers!!! they are both soooo sweet!!! i love the way they cuddle!!! love, kimberly

Unknown said...

I'm thinking of Wyatt, I'm sure he'll do better. Thank god for good friends allowing you to be there.

btw, I loved the recent pics of the boys together.

Jen
(buttercup from TS)

Todd and Randi said...

Thanks so much all of you for your prayers!! And Laughing Mommy, 4 am your time is 6 am my time and that is about the time things began to look really bad. God knows all of our needs!!

Randi