Friday, June 1, 2007

A Sort of Homecoming

We've got one down and one to go. Randi was very shocked today when she went to visit the boys to find out that Parks was being discharged today. We knew it was coming soon, but no one would give us a clear answer as to when it might transpire. So, as you can guess, today has been a bit of a mad dash to get everything "sort a" ready for his arrival. We got him home a little while ago, and Randi is nursing him for the first time here right now. Dante is not quite sure what to make of him, but all his fears and anxieties were quailed when he was offered a rawhide.

I am leaving you with a few pictures from tonight's departure. We have some more to tell about the discharge procedures details. We also had a scare early yesterday morning with Wyatt's blood sugar, but I am far too tired and not in the right frame of mind to go on. I'm surprised I'm this coherent. So, I will leave you with said pictures and go enjoy my new human being that I now own. We will hash out the other stories at some point tomorrow.

Parks and Wyatt with their "yardstick"
Parks and Wyatt saying their good-byes again
Parks in the car seat ready to go
Parks during his blood-oxygen test in the car seat before discharge
Randi and Parks at discharge

4 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful pictures! THe one of the boys saying good-bye is priceless. Glad Parks has made it home. Hope that adjustment goes well and that Wyatt will follow soon.

Anonymous said...

Bless your hearts!!! The picture of the boys together is so cute. I know it is hard for you right now. You will get through it. How great to have Parks home. I would love to have seen a picture of Dante's reaction. Little does he know, although, he probably does, that another is on the way very soon. I look forward to hearing the update. Get some rest. That is most important right now. Love you always. Mel

Aunt Boo said...

Congrats!!

I am so excited for you that he is home. They look great and I can't wait to meet them.

Love,
Amanda

Perri said...

I love the goodbye picture. It looks as if Wyatt is smiling.

Praying they are both together again soon.