Sunday, December 2, 2007

Bumps, Bruises, And A Rug Burn Rudolph

After a couple of incidents this last week, Randi and I were recounting the several mishaps we have had with Parks and Wyatt over the six and a half months since their birth . Not too long after we brought Wyatt home and in the height of sleeplessness, I was feeding Wyatt during the 2 a.m. feed and deprivation got the best of me. I was sitting up in bed with him in my arms and dozed off for just a second. My grip loosened, and I dropped him onto the bed next to me, remember he is not much more than 4 pounds at this point. I immediately snapped out of it. It shocked me more than him I believe, and I had to explain myself to Randi when she woke up to him crying. Yet, another time we were playing on the sofa, and I was trying to get him to practice sitting up. He was doing well...for a while, before doing a nose dive into the arm of the sofa, which is luckily well-padded leather. Again, my shock was greater than his.

Just yesterday, Randi placed Wyatt in the swing in the living room. She did not fasten him in because I was in the room, and she was only leaving for a moment. I went into the kitchen for a second, not knowing that he was not fastened in, and heard a thump and a scream. Sure enough he had scooted his way out of the swing and was laying perpendicular to it on the rug. We checked him out and everything was okay. We could not even see where he might have fallen. It didn't take long to figure it out. A few minutes later, his nose had turned red. Thus, we deemed him the rug burn Rudolph. Hopefully, we will not hold all of this against us in adolescence.

Okay, so looking back, most everything has happened to Wyatt. I really can't think of too many times that anything has happened to Parks, but this is also the kid who loves to be thrown down onto the bed and tossed up into the air. He's a brute. Furthermore, Parks is now 18.5 pounds and 26 inches long and Wyatt is not far behind at 15.5 pounds and 25 inches long. That 3 pound gap sounds a lot better than the one between 2 pounds and 5 pounds at birth. They are becoming much more self-aware and it is starting to get really fun.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randi!!! i can't believe parks is 18.5!!!!! luke was weighed again last week and was 18 lbs 12 oz. remember he started off at 8 lb. 1 oz. wow! he is really heavy to carry isn't he. we went ahead with the convertible carseat -- i think i told you that! talk to you soon! love, kimberly