Sunday, December 30, 2007

Good Eats

Over Christmas, I met up with an old high school friend and took Parks to the 4 Way Diner located in historic Cartersville, Georgia. It is a place I have frequented for a long time. It has a modest 11 stools lining a large counter in the front and three stools accessed through the rear entrance that hearkens back to the Jim Crow laws of the past. All are welcomed in either entrance now, but you might get asked to get up from your seat if you are reading the paper and line has formed behind you. It was dubbed the 4 Way Diner in 1931, although a soda stand selling burgers has existed there since the turn of the century. It serves homemade southern breakfasts in the morning and greasy burgers, dogs, fries, and apple pies in the afternoon. It is a place to rearrange you schedule around...as I often have done. Parks made his maiden voyage on the Dec 26th, and here are some pictures. CAUTION: Graphic food content.The little red hut: I once had these burgers shipped to me in Lake Tahoe, CA.
Two hamburgers with chili, onions, mustard, cheese and cole slaw. Not shown, were the gravy fries and fried apple pie with ice cream.Parks, me, and my buddy, Byron waiting to eat.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I swear I thought the cole slaw was cottage cheese.