Thursday, April 26, 2007

Quick Update

We wanted to post a quick update on the events yesterday. Randi went into the hospital in the morning. She got setup with two more liters of IV fluid to help halt the reverse end diastolic flow that Pooh was experiencing again on Tuesday. She also received her first steroid shot to stimulate lung development. Then, she was put on the heart rate monitors for around five hours. During this time, Pooh had a couple of bouts of tachycardia, sessions of accelerated heart rate patterns, we believe were caused by the steroid shot. Fortunately, he was able to regulate these sessions on his own without any interventions. This did have us a little spooked, since it was only happening to Pooh. The nurses assured us that, although alarming, it was a very good sign that he was able to lower his heart rate on his own.

So, Randi was finally taken off the heart rate monitor and off the IV fluids. We had not gotten a clear answer from the nurses all day whether or not the perinatalogist would be coming in to take a look at the heart rate tracing or do an ultrasound scan on the babies' cord flow. Around 8 p.m., we asked one of the nurses to page him and get an answer. We found out that he was not coming, and I told Randi that if we were not going to get monitored, get additional IV fluids, or see the perinatalogist that night, there was no point in her staying at the hospital overnight. We got our discharge papers and left. We are returning to Labor and Delivery today for Randi's second round of steroid shots. She will then stay on the heart rate monitors until we return to the perinatalogist's office late this afternoon. More updates to follow this evening...

12 comments:

Aunt Boo said...

I am glad to hear that he could regulate himself. Things sound like they are going well. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you guys! Thanks for the updates!

Mandy said...

Praying for you and your little ones!! I hope God's loving hand reaches down and protects them both. Whatever his will I'll be praying for your family.... Take Care and God bless!

Tara said...

Still praying for all of you. Thanks for the good updates so we can know specifically how to pray! I'll check back later tonight to see if you have posted anything further.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for miracles for these little guys ... our God is able to do far more than we can ask or imagine.

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

As much as I can't wait to see what these little guys look like, I PRAY that they hold out for a while longer! I look forward to more updates!

Connie Barris said...

I'm checking in everyday now.. and praying all day...

I know God has you wrapped in His hands...and your precious boys

found your blog through Jenmom

Connie

Matt and Amy Snow said...

Keep us posted! Know you're in our prayers!
Amy

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Anxiously awaiting an update!

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

Anonymous said...

You guys are doing an amazing job. Keep your sprits high!
Annabell

Anonymous said...

Hello,, I just came across your site and as a mommy to twin girls couldn't resist to read you r story. I am so sorry for you having such a rough pregnancy. I also had a very similar pregnancy which included fealt surgery. I was wondering if at anytime the doctors ever mentioned twin to twin syndrome to you? This is what I had with my girls and your story shows all the signs to me.. the abnormal blood flow. If you would like to email me it is rwallin4@charter.net. I hope you don't feel that I am prying, it is just people are very uneducated on ttts, and go undiagnosed. You will be in my prayers. If you would like to look at info on this go to TTTS foundation on the net.

Mandy said...

I've started to do friendship friday with the mister linky... i dunno if you're interested but it sure sounds like you would have a lot of great things to offer even if it's just about friendships you've made while waiting for those beautiful kids to arrive... enlighten us!