Thursday, April 12, 2007

Today's Peri Visit

We visited the perinatologist this afternoon for more doppler flow scans. Unfortunately, there are still periods of reverse-end diastolic flow; however, it is not as bad as it was on Tuesday in his office. Mostly we are still in an absent-end diastolic flow situation, but there were periods where we could see some diastolic flow. The doctor really felt like we could make it to Monday when we have our next appointment. This is based upon the fact that the baby is moving and behaving as he should for his gestational age. I, however, did not feel comfortable with almost 4 days between visits. So, I am being admitted tomorrow for more fluids and the doctor will come up between patients and do more dopplers. We will see him in his office on Monday, at the hospital with fluids and dopplers on Wednesday and back in his office on Friday. As hectic as that sounds, I am praying this will be our routine for at least three more weeks. At least that means we'll still be pregnant.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and sweet comments! I have been humbled by the level of support and encouragement we have received. This week has definitely been a roller coaster and I expect no less from here on out. You all being here has helped us tremendously!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. The frontline of the prayer list, where you will remain. We love you.

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

You have been on such a roller coaster, and I pray that those little boys of yours continue to grow and thrive inside of you! Good for you telling the dr.'s that you didn't feel comfortable with 4 long days. You are your only advocate, so it's good that you say how you feel! I don't know if I missed a post somewhere, but does Tigger and Pooh have names yet? Or, are they secrets???

Alison said...

I'm so glad that they are willing to keep things better monitered. That's a huge relief. Praying that those precious boys get stronger everyday and that there will be no ill effects from all of this!

Anonymous said...

Still praying in Alabama! God is so good and he is bigger than all of this. We made it to 32 wks. and 6 days. Our boys just turned one 3-22! He will get you through!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phil.4:13

That is my signature verse and I prayed it everyday while expecting my miracles!

Aunt Boo said...

You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Amanda & Sydney (and the rest of us)

Southern jezeBelle said...

I found your blog by clicking around. I've been praying for tigger and pooh. I pray that there will be lots of good stories that I look forward to reading....

Unknown said...

I'm praying for your family today...may the Lord continue to sustain and to strengthen you. He is faithful.
Christine Bolton
Quintuplet Mom-2 in heaven and 3 at home with us

Jennifer said...

Hoping your lunch date with the IV bag went well today. ;-)

GM's Mom said...

Hi Randi!

I don't know you but I came across your blog from SuperDuper Jack's blog list. I too was on bedrest, not with twins but with a little girl back in 2004. We made it through 5 mo of bedrest and 7 weeks in the hospital...you will make it. You and your precious baby boys are in my thoughts and prayers....hang in there!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hey Randi,
Ive been keeping up with you from Jen. We were thrilled to know that you are pregnant!!! We will continue to pray for little poo and tigger.

Hang in there!
Sandy Farrow

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hope everything is going well today, I'll be checking in often for more updates. Grow babies grow!