Monday, April 9, 2007

The Second Trimester Remembered

Well, here we are again. Another trimester down, one more trimester to go. This period can best be summarized in two words -- "roller coaster." Here's a top ten of the things I remember most about the last two to three months. Enjoy.

1. The onset of preg-nesia, the loss of all short-term memory and diminished brain function during pregnancy.
2. "Innies" turn into "outies."
3. Purchasing the same shirt in extra small, small, and eventually medium. The third trimester may bring a large.
4. Reminiscing the movie "Alien" as I watch Randi's belly move.
5. Seeing all our friends and family again at the baby showers.
6. Wondering aimlessly through the sporting goods and toy aisles of stores.
7. Having our hopes dashed, only to be restored again through the thoughts and prayers of others and good medicine.
8. 101 ultrasound boy thimbles pictures. (future blackmail)
9. Naming another human being. (times 2)
10. Hearing Randi sweetly utter, "brace me" or "stiff arm," knowing that it is my cue to help her up to a seated position.

3 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

This is sooooo funny! Glad I wasn't the only one whose brain was fried during pregnancy. I can only imagine what it's like with a brain with TWINS!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Cute nursery pics! Jenmom just told me you were admitted, so we're saying extra prayers for you both and especially the boys today.

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me." Psalm 138:7

Hang in there!

Jennifer said...

Love the list. Love YOU more. Praying!