Monday, April 16, 2007

Status Quo

The status quo is a lovely place to be. We hope and pray for so much more, but the status quo keeps our babies healthy and keeps me pregnant for the time being. We are at 29 weeks, 2 days today but are still praying for much more. The status quo is what has been maintained today after our perinatalogist appointment. Both boys are holding steady at the present. We didn't do any growth scans this week, only blood flow doppler and heart rate monitoring. I will return to Labor and Delivery on Wednesday for more IV fluids and additional scanning. Then we'll go from there.

Also, I have been having contractions all weekend and today; however, everything looked good at the doctor today and there does not appear to be any signs of pre-term labor. The doctor did tell me that if I did go into labor he probably would not stop things. This is due to the fact that there is a built-in protective mechanism that allows the babies to trigger labor if they sense that they need to be out of the womb. Pretty amazing, huh? Pretty scary too. I never even thought I could potentially go into labor.

So, as the doctor said today, "we will play out this hand we've been dealt," and see where it leads us. Thank you for all of the sweet comments about the names we've chosen.

6 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I will continue to pray for boring days, for that is what you need right now! Glad the babies are doing well, and hope those contractions slow down a bit!

Jennifer said...

You never thought as a parent you would wish for the status quo for your children did you? Welcome to the crazy backwards, upside down world that is parenting. :-)

Dennis, Rose and our Clan said...

praying for you and am so glad to read good reports on you and the babies! You are doing an awsome job of keep them boys cooking as long as possible! I will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

randi,

so glad things are still going as best as can be expected. still praying for one more week at a time. i have never heard of the trigger you were talking about. that is really neat. God is really neat and is protecting your boys!!! take care sweet friend! love, kimberly

The Hiatt Family said...

Praying each day for all four of you.

Kati said...

I somehow stumbled on your blog, and am so glad I did! I am hooked! I'm 28 weeks pregnant tomorrow with a singleton, and can't imagine what your going through at this point in the pregnancy. Our prayers are with you and the little ones inside!!! I can't wait to see pictures when those precious babes of yours arrive! Hopefully not for several weeks yet!