Saturday, May 12, 2007

33 Weeks Today!!

We have lots to be thankful for today...we have made it to 33 weeks, the babies are holding steady on the scans, and I am on the mend. The peri just left and he feels I most likely have a kidney infection, which is what appears to have caused the fever last night. I could have probably handled the fluids, but when you put the kidney infection on top of a twin pregnancy, steroids in the last few days, IV fluids, and Albumin, my body just couldn't handle it. He wants to give me two or three days to get better before we deliver. He said if I were to deliver today, I might end up feeling like I did yesterday. I don't think I can handle another day like that. So, as long as the babies continue to look good on the monitors and scans, then he said we will deliver middle to end of the week.

You all are wonderful! I hear more and more stories everyday of people that read this blog and are praying for us. I know that's how we've made it this far.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randi,

I was directed to your blog by Jennifer's blog - she was a sorority sister of mine. I am praying for all four of you! I am glad you are feeling better and I just wanted to wish you a happy Mother's Day tomorrow. Hang in there! You are doing a great job.

Take care,

-Ann

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

I've been checking in on yuo from my phone so I haven't been able to post. I had pulmonary edema too right before the boys were born, it's pretty awful and scary, so glad you've improved so much. Praying for your health and the boys as you prepare for their arrival. Hang in there, the pregnancy finish line is in sight.

Anonymous said...

Since it's 12:30am on Sunday I can truthfully say "Happy Mother's Day" Randi!. Enjoy your first Mother's Day!
Praying in Rome!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! This time next year, Wyatt and Parks will be calling you "mama". Have a great day.
Love,
Marianna

Jennifer said...

Happy Mother's Day! You have already gotten quite a taste of the heartwrenching, sacrificial, mustering-strength-you-never-imagined-you-could-have nature of motherhood. Welcome to the club! You are already an awesome Mama!

The Hiatt Family said...

Happy Mother's Day, Randi! Looking forward to more good reports this week-and praying for those sweet boys!