Sunday, May 13, 2007

I Should Have Thought Of This Earlier

All the exciting moments in the hospital are bookended by long stretches of waiting and boredom. For some reason, I started thinking about our in uetero names of Pooh and Tigger. They are really lovable characters, but I wondered what other names we could have come up with.
Of course, we could have named them after other classics, like Donald and Mickey, Tom and Jerry, Chip and Dale, Fred and Barney, and countless others. Being a true male reared in the 80's, I thought about the toys I played with and the cartoons I watched as a child growing up, and then it popped into my head. Now, I know that this reference will not ring true to most of the women out there, and I'm sure that this would have never gotten past the veto power of the executive branch, Randi. If I would have thought of this earlier, I would have named them Tomax and Xamot, the Crimson Guard Commanders that worked for COBRA in the G.I. Joe universe. They were mirror images of each other and felt one another's pain. The only way to tell them apart was by a scar on Xamot's right cheek. Now you know and knowing is half the battle. See, I told you I was really bored. Thank you Wikipedia.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work as an artist in animation so your analogy is one I can appreciate, even though Pooh and Tigger are cuddlier.
Annabell

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Betsy

Matt and Amy Snow said...

Too funny! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Randi. We continue to pray for you, Todd and the boys daily.

Unknown said...

TOMAX and XAMOT... Congratulations, my friend. That is one that is way back in the archives of my brain. I thank you for bringing it back. We are praying for you guys... I can't imagine what a roller coaster this has been for you...

Stormshadow and Snake-eyes are jealous. PEACE

adam bettino

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY RANDI

Kricty,Sean and Liam